FRASIER AND NILES THINK THEY ARE RUSSIAN ROYALTY -- Frasier (Kelsey Grammer) and Niles (David Hyde Pierce) are stunned when Martin (John Mahoney), a fellow devotee of "The Antiques Roadshow" TV program, appears on the series for an appraisal with a kitschy pewter bear clock that turns out to be an heirloom of a Russian royal family worth a small fortune. When the giddy brothers learn that Martin's great-grandmother came from Russia, they desperately grope to find a link between themselves and the regal Romanoff dynasty.
- Kelsey Grammer as Frasier Crane
- Jane Leeves as Daphne Moon
- David Hyde Pierce as Niles Crane
- Peri Gilpin as Roz Doyle
- and John Mahoney as Martin Crane
- Neal Lerner as Appraiser
- Grace Rowe as Stage Manager
- The title is a reference to "A Star Is Born".
- Kelsey Grammer had previously starred in the animated film Anastasia (1997), about the youngest daughter of Tsar Nicholas II of Russia. Nicholas II was the last Romanov Tsar.
- When Dr. Myshkin leaves, he takes the clock but neglects to also take the diary of Sonya Romanoff, daughter to Tsar Alexander II that he had brought with him to 'prove' that the clock was stolen.