- Frasier – I know you're upset now, but let's remember why you left Maris in the first place, you were tired of grovelling
- Niles – Yes but I'm rested now
LOOK WHO'S ASKING – Niles finally puts his foot down and demands that Maris resolve their marital separation either by seeking couples counselling or getting a divorce. Also, Frasier reflects on his discomfort with personal contact. Meanwhile, Martin stops Daphne from discarding a box of random old gadgets.
- Kelsey Grammer as Frasier Crane
- Jane Leeves as Daphne Moon
- David Hyde Pierce as Niles Crane
- Peri Gilpin as Roz Doyle
- Dan Butler as Bulldog
- and John Mahoney as Martin Crane
- Alan Wilder as Leo Pasquale
- Michael McFall as Messenger
- Luck Hari as Waitress
- Gerry Gibson as Tom
- Frasier and Niles discover in their mother's research notes that she named the boys after two of her lab rats.
- Niles and Maris have been married since 1985
- Maris agrees to end the separation and try couple's counselling
- Maris and Niles had two doberman watch dogs called Gerhardt and Gestalt
- Frasier mentions a restaurant called Chez Shea
- The Happy Chef, Leo Pasquale, is leaving KACL. Previously The Happy Chef was named Floyd, although this could be a predecessor
- This episode aired exactly seven years prior to the series finale. The other episodes to hold this distinction were Visions Of Daphne, which aired two years later on the same date, and season ten's Analyzed Kiss, which aired four years later on the same date.