Frasier returns to Boston to give a speech, and Niles, Daphne and Martin come along to see the city. He runs into Cliff Clavin in the airport, and learns that he is retiring and moving to Florida. They all attend his retirement party, and Frasier reunites with the rest of the gang from Cheers.
- Kelsey Grammer as Frasier Crane
- Jane Leeves as Daphne Moon
- David Hyde Pierce as Niles Crane
- Peri Gilpin as Roz Doyle
- John Mahoney as Martin Crane
Special guest stars
- John Ratzenberger as Cliff Clavin
- Rhea Perlman as Carla Tortelli
- George Wendt as Norm Peterson
- Paul Willson as Paul
- Philip Perlman as Phil
- Raye Birk as Walt Twitchell
- Rufus Wainwright as Jeremy
- This episode was part of NBC's 75th Anniversary celebration, in which actors from previous NBC shows guest starred in current ones.
- Norm explains why Vera won't be attending the party, and Frasier tells Niles that Vera is Norm's "much-storied" wife. It is highly appropriate that Niles be told about Vera, as Maris, Niles's first wife, who was never seen throughout the series, was based on Vera, who was never seen throughout the run of Cheers.
- When Carla tells Niles about Frasier being taken on a snipe hunt, this is a callback to the season 3 episode of Cheers The Heart Is a Lonely Snipehunter.
- As of this episode, every main character from Cheers has appeared on Frasier with the exception of Rebecca Howe (Kirstie Alley).
- Rufus Wainwright is the celebrity caller in this episode. He plays Jeremy, a teenager who has (unknown) problems.
- This is one of the rare episodes in which there are no scenes at Frasier's Apartment. However, the post credits scene features Roz and her sorority sisters partying there, having chinese food and even painting Eddie's nails.