ALWAYS THE BRIDESMAID – Roz is faced with yet again being a bridesmaid at a friend's wedding. Knowing Roz's depressed state, Frasier faces the ethical issue of how to tell her that Ben (guest star Michael Mitz) – the man she currently adores – is undergoing treatment with Niles for a womanizing problem. When Frasier finally expresses his concern to her, Roz mistakes his feelings for something more than friendship. Meanwhile, Frasier and Niles try to get Martin to sit still to videotape a message about his life for future generations of Cranes.
- Kelsey Grammer as Frasier Crane
- Jane Leeves as Daphne Moon
- David Hyde Pierce as Niles Crane
- Peri Gilpin as Roz Doyle
- and John Mahoney as Martin Crane
Special Appearance By
- Michael Mitz as Ben Collins
- David Duchovny as Tom
- This episode reveals that Roz is 33, making her birth year 1963. It is also revealed that Roz's parents have been divorced for 15 years.
- It is revealed that Martin was born in 1931
- The celebrity caller in this episode is David Duchovny. Duchovny plays Tom who, even though he has sex with his girlfriend of six years every morning, every night, and three times a day on weekends, he isn't sure they really have anything else in common. In 2008, Duchovny would admit to being a sexual addict.
- This episode contains a rare example of product placement on Frasier. At Frasier's Apartment, Roz says she's going to get a Coke, and then goes into the kitchen and takes a can of Coca-Cola from the fridge, opens it and sips from it. This was the third season of Frasier and the series was becoming popular enough for such things to occur. In subsequent seasons, however, you see no more of it, so apparently the producers decided it wasn't right for the show. The only other products we ever see mentioned specifically, such as BMW, Mercedes, M&M's and Balantine, were integral to the stories/characters and it's unlikely they were product placements.