LOVE IS ON THE AIR – Questioning the haste of their romance, Frasier and Kate (guest star Mercedes Ruehl) find the only time they can air their ambivalent feelings in private is during breaks in a special late-night broadcast Frasier is conducting solo. Unfortunately, their passion rises again and the sounds of the tryst accidentally becomes grist for the airwaves, leaving the audience guessing the identity of "Bad Boy" Dr. Crane's special in-studio "Dirty Girl".
- Kelsey Grammer as Frasier Crane
- Jane Leeves as Daphne Moon
- David Hyde Pierce as Niles Crane
- Peri Gilpin as Roz Doyle
- and John Mahoney as Martin Crane
Special Appearance By
Special Guest Stars
- Mercedes Ruehl as Kate Costas
- Pamela Kosh as Deirdre Sauvage
- Harris Laskawy as Moving Man
- Cyd Charisse as Polly
- Floyd, The Happy Chef is usually on from 8-10pm
- Given the Anglophilia often on display in the series, it is at least possible that Floyd is a tip of the hat to BBC food presenter and eccentric chef Keith Floyd, who drank and sauteed his way around Europe and the world with a camera crew in tow in the 1980s.
- The celebrity caller in this episode is Cyd Charisse (Polly), who says she's "lacking a certain spice", not knowing Frasier is filling in for "The Happy Chef".
- The music box Frasier accidentally triggers in the elevator plays award winning Nino Rota's main theme for Franco Zeffirelli's Romeo and Juliet (1968).